Insurance Claim Denials
Santa Rosa, CA Litigation Attorney for Bad-Faith Insurance Claim Denials
Serving Sonoma County and the Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Ronhert Park, Windsor, Healdsburg, and Sonoma Areas
While we have all learned to expect headaches when dealing with insurance claims, most people still expect the insurance companies to follow the law and adhere to the terms of their policies.
Unfortunately, while these are reasonable expectations, far too often people find themselves struggling in the face of unexpected and unexplained insurance claim denials.
If you believe that your insurance claim has been improperly denied, we can help. At Henderson Law, we have decades of experience in insurance settlement negotiations and litigation, and we are intimately familiar with the tactics that insurance companies use to unjustly delay and deny payment on valid claims. If you are entitled to coverage, we can hold your insurance company to its obligations under California law and the terms of your policy. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help. To start standing up to your insurance company, schedule a free consultation today.
Why Choose Henderson Law in Santa Rosa, CA?
Founded by Santa Rosa attorney Michael Henderson, Henderson Law is a local law firm that is dedicated to representing aggrieved families and individuals in their times of need. From claims for disability coverage and personal injury compensation claims to property damage claims under local residents’ homeowner’s insurance policies, we routinely take on the insurance companies with favorable results. Having represented clients in insurance claims for more than 20 years, we offer:
- A proven strategy for negotiating quick and favorable insurance settlements.
- Courtroom experience and the willingness to take your insurance company to trial.
- Honest advice and clear communication at every step along the way.
- A client-first approach to legal representation that means you make the important decisions in your case.
- Contingency-fee representation so that you pay nothing unless we succeed in securing coverage from your insurance company.
When is an Insurance Denial Indicative of Bad Faith?
Oftentimes, the insurance companies will not treat claimants fairly until they get a personal injury lawyer involved. This is a disappointing reality of the world we live in, and one that leaves far too many individuals and families struggling in times of need. If you are struggling to make headway with your insurance claim, or if you have had an insurance claim denied, the following are all possible signs that it is time to speak with an insurance attorney:
- The insurance company did not investigate your claim in a timely and thorough manner
- Your adjuster is ignoring clear evidence or straightforward facts about your claim
- You have not received a reasonable explanation for the delays or denial of your claim
- The insurance company has misrepresented language in your policy or purported to modify the terms of your coverage
- You have received “low-ball” settlement offers that do not reflect the value of your claim
- You have been accused of improper, or perhaps illegal, conduct in connection with your insurance claim
- You have been threatened with legal action that has no basis in the law
Do these issues sound familiar? If so, we can help. Do not accept your insurance company’s decision on your claim until you speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
California Insurance Claim Denial FAQs
Q: Am I entitled to hire an independent adjuster to investigate my insurance claim?
Yes. In California, these are known as public insurance adjusters. If you have a property damage claim, a public insurance adjuster can provide an independent assessment of the damage to your home or business (which will often be very different from the assessment provided by your insurance company). An experienced public insurance adjuster can be an important advocate in your claim against your insurance company.
Q: How do I know when to seek legal help for my insurance claim?
Many people incorrectly assume that hiring an attorney will be expensive and slow down the processing of their claim. In reality, it costs you nothing upfront to hire an attorney (your attorney only gets paid if your claim is successful), and hiring an experienced attorney can help you secure substantially greater coverage than you could have secured on your own. If your claim has already been denied, you should contact an attorney right away. If you are struggling to get answers from your insurance company, hiring an injury lawyer now can help you avoid a bad-faith denial.
Contact Us for Your Free Initial Consultation
For help with your insurance claim, choose the Santa Rosa, CA attorney who is a member of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers and who has received the highest possible ratings from his clients and peers in the legal community. To speak with injury attorney Michael Henderson personally in a free and confidential consultation, call (707) 843-3743 or contact Henderson Law online today.