Rohnert Park Car Accident Attorney Ready to Serve You
Rohnert Park is a unique place to call home. Smack-dab in the heart of wine country and just north of San Francisco, this town has something for the young and old alike. Adventurers can hit the 128 acres of grassy hills at Rohnert Park’s regional park, and whether you want to hike, bike, or horseback ride, we’ve got beautiful trails for you and your family to enjoy. For more mature fun, we have an array of restaurants, wineries, and breweries for you to enjoy.
And as you make your way around our quaint Sonoma County town, you may find yourself involved in a car accident. Suddenly your life becomes chaotic. You, or someone you love, may have injuries to deal with. Your car may be undriveable or, in some cases, completely totalled. You’re not feeling well, and you may find yourself having to decide between getting the rest that you need or taking care of a multitude of phone calls that need to be made to deal with the aftermath of the crash.
That is when you need the help of an experienced Rohnert Park car accident attorney. Michael Henderson stands ready to put his 20 years of experience to work for you so that you can navigate this difficult time with as little pain as possible. And while taking the burden off of you, he will also fight against low-ball insurance company offers and make sure that you get every dollar that you need to get your life back on track.
What Do I Do If I’ve Been in an Accident?
After a collision occurs, the people involved are often in a state of shock. It can be difficult to think clearly just after a crash. But if you’re not too injured and can assist in the aftermath of the crash, there are some things to keep in mind.
- Try to remain calm – It is important not to lose your composure if at all possible. Try deep breaths and take a moment to quiet your mind, if needed.
- Call 911 – particularly if there are any injuries. A police report needs to be filed. So even if there are no injuries, call 911 to report the accident. Normally, police will respond by coming to the scene and assessing the crash. They may take witness statements and some forensic work may be done, if necessary. This is all important, so be patient and let the police do their job.
- Take photos – It never hurts to get photos of the scene, even while waiting for the police to arrive. Any photographic evidence that you have can go a long way in assisting the police, the insurance companies, your lawyer, the judge, and/or a jury to arrive at the truth of who was at fault. This determination is critical to your injury claim down the road.
- Talk to witnesses – If anyone stops, as long as you feel safe, it’s a good idea to get the contact information of any witnesses. Ask them to wait until the police arrive, but just in case they don’t, it’s good to get their information so your attorney can speak with them later.
- Write out your memory of the crash – It is a good idea to write down what you remember about the crash while it is still fresh in your mind. That can be at the scene or a bit later – but don’t wait too long. We may not realize it, but our memory does get hazy with time. So your best chance at maintaining your recall accurately is to write it out while it’s fresh. The police may want you to write out a statement for them, and that will suffice, as long as you are not in too much shock to write out a good, detailed recollection.
- Call an experienced attorney – Only an experienced attorney knows how to properly collect and sort through all of the evidence. You need a professional in order to make an accurate assessment of current and future expenses that may arise out of the accident. So don’t speak to an insurance company adjuster until you speak with an attorney who can protect your interests during this critical recovery process.
Call Henderson Law Today
Not all accidents need an attorney. But if you’ve been involved in a crash that was at least partially someone else’s fault, you need to speak to an attorney soon. They can look at your case and let you know what you should do next in order to protect your interests. The insurance company does not have your best in mind, so call Henderson Law today or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. We will be there fighting for your best interests when no one else will.