Guerra v. Ferrallgas, et al.

Practice Area: Personal injury

Date: May 19, 2011

Outcome: $3,000,000

Description: Our client was burned when propane gas exploded in the home he was remodeling. We discovered gas had leaked from an uncapped pipe near the water heater. The gas company knew about the leak, but had failed to disable the propane gas tank feeding the property. The homeowner knew about the leak from a property inspection report provided with the sale of the home. Neither the gas company nor the homeowner properly warned our client about the leak. The explosion occurred when our client turned on the propane tank to secure hot water in the home.