Santa Rosa Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Are You the Victim of a Motorcycle Accident?
Do you live in the Santa Rosa area? Have you been involved in a motorcycle accident? First, you should know that you’re not alone. California has a significant number of registered motorcyclists and, unfortunately, also a significant number of fatal motorcycle accidents that occur each year.
If you or a loved one have been the victim of a motorcycle accident, we’re here to help. At Henderson Law, we have extensive experience representing motorcyclists who have sustained serious injuries in motorcycle crashes and in representing individuals who have, most unfortunately, lost loved ones in a tragic motorcycle accident. We’re here to help you to understand the law that applies to these accidents and to fight for compensation on your behalf.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Certainly, some motorcyclists crash due to their own errors. As with any sort of accident, this can happen. It’s simply a very unfortunate occurrence that’s no one else’s fault. In many cases, however, there are other parties and causes to blame for these accidents. Some of these include:
- Traffic Violations: Drivers of all vehicles (motorcycles included, of course) must follow traffic laws. Following speed limits, lane changing procedures, and merging rules (to name only a few examples) are important. Other drivers who either intentionally or negligently violate these laws can be responsible for motorcycle accidents that may cause significant damage.
- Drunk Drivers and Distracted Drivers: Without question, drunk drivers are not just a danger to motorcyclists, but to everyone on the road. Distracted drivers – those who are looking down at their phones, applying makeup while driving, or fiddling with their radio instead of focusing on the road also present a significant danger to others on the roadway, motorcyclists included.
- Defective Parts: Some motorcycle accidents are not the fault of another individual at all, but instead are caused by a part defect that is the fault of the manufacturer. If a key component of the motorcycle is defective, it can easily lead to a loss of control by the driver and a resulting crash.
- Hazards on the Roadway: Hazardous conditions on the roadways can be particularly dangerous for motorcyclists who may have more difficulty than the average vehicle navigating around potholes, large cracks in the road, or uneven pavement – to name only a few examples. Suddenly hitting one of these hazards can easily cause a motorcyclist to lose control and crash.
- Other Miscellaneous Causes: In addition to these common causes of motorcycle accidents, any number of other factors or causes could contribute to a crash. Consulting with an attorney about your particular circumstances is a wise decision that will help you to best determine who is at fault and what compensation you may be entitled to as a result.
What Damages Are Available to Motorcycle Accident Victims?
Motorcycle accidents are commonly responsible for any number of injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, bone fractures, dislocations, soft tissue damage, internal organ damage, permanent disfigurement, and more. Understandably, you may incur significant medical bills to treat these injuries – both immediately after they occur and potentially for years to come. You may be entitled to recovery for these expenses and other damages, including, but not limited to:
- Lost wages and lost future earnings;
- Loss of consortium;
- Occupational and/or physical therapy;
- Punitive damages;
- Wrongful death;
- Damages for permanent disfigurement;
- And more.
If you or a loved one are the victim of a motorcycle accident, you shouldn’t hesitate to find out what rights you may have under the law and what compensation you may deserve. You may be able to file a claim against a number of responsible parties, including not only the driver of the other vehicle, but also against insurance companies, manufacturers, and others. It goes without saying, though, that you can’t begin the process of recovery and rebuilding your life until you consult with a qualified attorney who can help you to understand your rights and how to best go about asserting them.
Call Henderson Law Today
At Henderson Law, we have decades of experience fighting for the rights of motorcycle accident victims just like you. We care about our clients and their stories. We care about helping you to recover the compensation you deserve so that you can begin rebuilding your life. We would welcome the opportunity to sit down with you and listen to your story to learn how we might be able to help. Give us a call today. We look forward to speaking with you soon.